AIA Florida Member Benefits
As the professional association for more than 3,200 architects and other design professionals in the Florida/Caribbean Region, AIA Florida involves its members in a proactive, organized, unified effort to ?unite, educate and position architects to lead the shaping of Florida?s future.?
Membership in AIA Florida opens the door to a myriad of benefits. From the latest information and news pertaining to the profession to excellent continuing education opportunities, AIA Florida has what you need. Benefits include:
- FREE Resume and Classified Posting?With AIA Florida?s resume and classified pools, members can post their resumes for hundreds of employers to review for free; and employers can post jobs, search resumes and choose from highly qualified candidates.
- AIA Florida Insurance Services?Members can get the health coverage they need to protect their staff and their family. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Subscriptions?Members receive all issues of the Florida/Caribbean Architect quarterly magazine, the Florida/Caribbean Firm and Membership Directory and our weekly e-newsletter, Friday Facts. All of these publications help keep members informed on issues relating to the profession.
- Continuing Education Opportunities?We offer numerous CE opportunities throughout the year. AIA Florida can help members meet the state of Florida and AIA?s credit requirements. Additionally, members regularly receive discounts on CE registrations. CLICK HERE to register for upcoming license renewal seminars.
- FREE Project Showcase?AIA Florida has partnered with Ascribe to allow members to post, for free, up to three projects on the Association?s website. This great member benefit will drive traffic back to you. E-mail Lisa Kavanaugh for more information.
- 30% Discount?All AIA Florida members receive a 30% discount on contract documents. CLICK HERE to place an order.
- Annual Convention?Since 1912, AIA Florida has hosted an annual convention in various locations around the state. Members can take advantage of this great opportunity to earn CE units, network with peers and meet ?superstars? of the architectural world.
- Legislative Powerhouse?Over the years, AIA Florida?s governmental affairs team, along with members, have successfully lobbied and fought legislation that could potentially affect members of the organization. In 2008, AIA Florida played a key role in defeating the proposed Amendment 5, which would have created a $9-$11 billion budgetary hole in school funding that many believe would have forced the Legislature to fill it, with among other things, a tax on services. CLICK HERE to read more about Amendment 5. AIA Florida was also critically involved in getting the comprehensive energy bill passed and signed into law during the 2008 Legislative Session.
- Annual Honor & Design Awards Program?Each year, members submit their best work in hopes of earning one of the coveted Honor or Design awards. The winning members are recognized for their great works and dedication to the profession. Stay tuned for details on the upcoming Honor & Design Awards.
- Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities?With AIA Florida?s four quarterly board meetings, Annual Convention and various publications, members have several opportunities to advertise their business and services.
- Member Spotlight?Each month, AIA Florida features a ?Member Spotlight? in the weekly e-newsletter, Friday Facts. The spotlight serves as way to recognize and promote the great doings of the members.
- Annual Tradeshow?In conjunction with the Annual Convention, AIA Florida hosts an annual trade show that typically draws more than 400 attendees and exhibitors. Booth space is filling quickly for this year. Contact Lisa O'Donnell to save your spot TODAY!
- Safety Assessment Program?The Association is one of only two southeastern states offering its members post disaster safety assessment (SAP) training. The first training was held in September 2008 and educated architects on how to assist local law enforcement and emergency services organizations after a disaster strikes. Stay tuned for future training opportunities.
- Association of the Year?AIA Florida is a two-time Association of the Year award winner (as recognized by the Tallahassee Society of Association Executives). AIA Florida won the coveted title in 2005 and 2008 for its outstanding association management, programs and initiatives.
- Community Service?1% Program?AIA Florida?s Executive Committee has give 100 percent support of the 1% Program, which is a philanthropic project designed to connect non-profits with architecture and design firms that are willing to donate at least 1% of their time for pro bono work. To date, AIA Florida members have donated nearly 8,000 hours. CLICK HERE to donate your time.
- Vibrant FAPAC?The Association?s political action committee is alive and kicking as members readily support those candidates who support AIA Florida. CLICK HERE to learn more about FAPAC.
- World Class Website?With a newly redesigned website that comes with personal ?assistants? to help visitors find the information they are looking for, AIA Florida is committed to providing the information you need, whenever you need it.
- Logo Store?The Association offers quality paraphernalia at great prices including luggage tags, shirts, hats, notebooks and much more. CLICK HERE to order today.