People's Choice Winner
In 2017, more than 5.6 million votes were counted from 21 different coutries across the globe for the AIA Florida People's Choice Contest!
The first place winner was the Call-Collins House, located in Tallahassee, Fla and designed by MLD Architects.
"We are extremely excited to accept the award for the Call-Collins House at The Grove Museum historic preservation project. We are honored and humbled that over 2 million people valued our hard work and the rich history of this amazing structure. This building belongs to the citizens of Florida, open to the public and able to visited and utilized by any and all. We felt from the beginning that this project embodied the intentions of the People's Choice Award and we are very happy that others around the world did too."— J.J. Scott, AIA,President/ Principal Architect at MLD Architects.
The remaining winners, placing in the Top 10 for 2017 are:
- Call-Collins House at The Grove
- The Hub
- Bryan Glazer JCC
- Historic Hamption House Restoration and Adaptive reuse
- Pasco County Utilities Administration Building
- Immokalee Youth Development Center - Boys & Girls Club of Collier County
- Newell Hall
- Fire Station No. 16
- Florida Hospital for Women
- The Center for Asian Art in the Dr. Helga Wall-Apelt Gallery of Asian Art, The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art