AIA Florida Classifieds are open to advertisements from AIA Florida individual and firm members, as well as non-members. Please see the Classifieds Policy and rates below. To list an advertisement on the AIA Florida job board, email your advertisement to email@example.com. Please complete the Classifieds Order Form and return it to the AIA Florida office.
Go to classified ads.
Are you missing your target audience? AIA Florida has a solution for you. Use our Classifieds to fill empty positions in your firm, sell equipment, or advertise architectural services. This site is for architects, about architects - exactly the target you want!
If you say it in 40 words or less and you are a member of AIA Florida, your cost is only $80 per week. Non-member price for 40 words is $160 per week. There is a 2-week minimum. At the end of two weeks you can renew on a weekly, bimonthly or monthly basis.
Deadline: New ads, and changes to existing ads, must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Friday to post in the following Monday's Classifieds.
2-week minimum: After the first two weeks you will then have the option to renew the ad on a weekly, bimonthly or monthly basis.
Language: The term "architect" can only be used in your ad to describe a licensed architect. AIA Florida will not publish ads that discriminate on the basis of race, gender or religion.
Format: Ad will appear as normal text. There are no font, size, upper-case, bold or underline
options. Firm Name and ad subject (job titles, services, etc,) will automatically be bolded, and emails and web addresses will be linked.
GALE ASSOCIATES, INC.
BUILDING ENVELOPE ARCHITECT OR ENGINEER
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL
Gale Associates, Inc., celebrating over 50 years in the consulting industry and rated one of Zweig White’s 2016 “Best Firms to Work For”, provides forensic evaluations, designs, construction phase assistance, and peer reviews for federal, state, municipal, and private sector clients. Our Florida office is expanding, affording opportunities for Architects and Engineers with technical backgrounds in waterproofing, air barriers, curtain walls, window systems, facades and roofing. We seek candidates with a BS degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering and 5 to 10 years’ experience in building envelope evaluation, design and construction administration. While professional registration is strongly preferred, candidates pursuing professional licensing are encouraged to apply. Microsoft Office expertise and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, are required. AutoCAD/Revit experience is desirable. Gale offers a competitive salary and full array of benefits to include first-day coverage for BCBS health insurance, Delta Dental, and life/disability insurance (fully paid), as well as a 401(k) Plan, a Flex Spending Account (FSA), dependent care assistance, several annual paid holidays, 3 weeks’ vacation accrual, sick time, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. If you have the requisite qualifications, we would like to hear from you. Send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit us at www.galeassociates.com.
ARCHITECT – Hospitality – Orlando, FL Office – Job #HFA-L41
Baskervill’s nationally-renowned hospitality division is adding to its growing team of talented designers. Our work sends us across the country for projects with major hoteliers and boutique clients, and includes brands like AC Hotels, Moxy, Curio, Embassy Suites, and much, much more. Currently an Interior Design and Hotel Design Top 20 hospitality firm, we are looking for a Florida-licensed architect to complement our Orlando office.
The ideal candidate is a creative, organized, design professional with exceptional communication skills and a strong background in both out of ground and renovation Hospitality projects. The job specifics include: managing projects and client relationships under the supervision of the Principal in Charge. You will direct, supervise, coordinate and review the work of a project team during all phases of a project from inception to completion. Travel is required including possible overnight stays.
Bachelor’s/Masters of Architecture
Licensure by the State of Florida required..
10+ years’ commercial experience, at least 4 in Hospitality.
Proven experience managing client relationships and overseeing the design documentation and construction process.
Proficient in developing creative architectural solutions that meet the firm’s standards and client expectations.
Travel is required, some overnight.
Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job#FHA-L4 Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.
Extraordinary Opportunities with Little in Orlando, FL!
Little, nationally recognized as a “Best Place to Work” and one of the nation’s most progressive design firms, is experiencing significant growth in our Workplace Studio in our Orlando, FL office. Therefore, we are anticipating upcoming opportunities for ambitious, creative professionals seeking an exciting new opportunity to join a firm committed to hiring exceptional people and providing them with exceptional opportunities. If you are passionate about your work, collaborative in spirit and intellectually curious, Little is the place for you to grow your career.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following immediate opportunities:
- Architectural Project Manager: He/ She will be responsible for coordination, managing, and participation in the design process, cultivating and leading strong client relationships, coordination of internal resources and external consultants, producing and reviewing construction documents; construction administration on commercial projects, and traveling to project/client locations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture and Architectural Registration;
- Commercial office building and workplace project experience (preferred);
- Ability to execute projects from conceptual design to owner occupancy;
- Strong technical expertise, including knowledge of building codes; Solid design skills; and
- 12+ years of experience; and Revit proficiency.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=littleda&jobId=26987&lang=en_US&source=CC2
- Job Captain/Project Architect: The person selected will be responsible for design and construction document development for execution of projects; Management of multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants; Maintain the project manual and specifications; and Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture; Architectural registration (or on track) preferred;
- 8+ years of professional experience;
- Experience in Workplace projects (preferred);
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; Experience resolving complex technical and design issues;
- Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done;
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills;
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures;
- Ability to work on multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously; Self-starter and independent problem-solver;
- A commitment to sustainability as a responsible business practice and approach to design; and
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=littleda&jobId=26989&lang=en_US&source=CC2
- Experienced Interior Designer: The person selected will be responsible for collaborating on all aspects of interior architecture projects including programming, conceptual design, production of design development and construction documents; working closely with clients on project development and be able to review project presentations with clients and end users; Creating, develop and execute test fits, space plans, sections, elevations and perspectives using Revit; Preparing graphic materials for presentations using Adobe and Sketch-Up; Selecting, developing and coordinating finish materials, furniture, artwork and branding; Performing field verification; Coordinating with entire team including engineers, specialty consultants and client contracted vendors; and Performing site inspections, review shop drawings, material submittals and other related construction administration tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited university;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience; NCIDQ Certification or on track for certification;
- Commercial Interiors and workplace industry expertise required with strong space planning skills and experience;
- Excellent presentation, drawing and sketching skills;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills;
- Motivated self-starter and multitasker who works well solo or in a collaborative environment; and
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up, Adobe, and Microsoft Suite (Other design related programs are a plus).
Please submit your resume and portfolio to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=littleda&jobId=26986&lang=en_US&source=CC2
- Experienced Intern Architect: He/ She will be providing conceptual design and design support documentation as part of teams working on a variety of building projects, planning studies and interior architecture/design; and perform field verifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture or Interior Architecture from an accredited university;
- Approximately 1-3 years of professional work experience;
- Solid design and production skills; Good communication and interpersonal skills:
- Extraordinary computer skills (Revit, rendering programs such as SketchUp, and programs used to prepare presentation documents such as PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), as well as the ability to do hand sketching; and
- Self-motivation and a desire to learn about all aspects of Architecture & Interior Design.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=littleda&jobId=26988&lang=en_US&source=CC2
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on everyone around them. If you are looking for a career, not just your next job, Little is the place for you! We are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities. To learn more about Little, please visit us at www.littleonline.com or check out our blog at: www.littlespeakeasy.com.
To be considered for one of these exciting opportunities, please click on the link beside each title or visit: www.littleonline.com/meet/careers.
Please note: We will not be accepting resumes from executive recruiters or agencies. Thus, if you are interested in the position, please apply directly to the link provided above
Little is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
Healthcare Studio Principal
Little, nationally recognized as a “Best Firm to Work For” and one of the nation’s most progressive design firms, is seeking a Studio Principal with a positive, collaborative work style, who will lead a team of architects, planners and designers and grow our client relationships for our Healthcare Studio in our Orlando office.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be an ambitious, creative leader who is passionate about finding ways to improve the performance of our clients through creative collaboration and breakthrough thinking, and who is excited about growing an established studio into a regional powerhouse.
A candidate we’ll love:
• You’re good with people – you are a very strong listener, genuinely interested in people, and able to build followership among teammates and clients, alike.
• You have a strong track record of developing new business and relationships with hospital clients.
• You are collaborative in your work-style, always looking for a new way to do things.
• You’re a great communicator – whether verbally or in written form, people understand your ideas, and the way you share them.
• You are a good mentor – the people that you work with feel that you have their best interests at heart.
• You have an extensive background in healthcare planning and design.
• You are a resourceful and creative problem solver, and you are motivated and energetic.
• You are interested in the drivers and ideas impacting the current and future Healthcare industry.
• You have fun while you work.
A position you’ll love:
• You’ll be a leader in our Orlando office, leading the Healthcare Studio as the Studio Principal and part of our firm wide Corporate Leadership team.
• You’ll be directly involved with our clients and their goals from the start.
• You’ll work with the Office President, and our National Healthcare Studio Principal to create a long-term strategic plan to grow the Studio and client mix.
• You’ll assume leadership of our existing body of work with strong clients, and a team of talented architects working on healthcare projects.
• You’ll have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility for your Studio.
• You’ll have the backing of a large, expanded services firm with great in-house resources.
Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
• Registered Architect.
• 10+ years of experience in the healthcare architecture & design industry.
• Deep healthcare experience in Florida.
• Experience as an account or client manager, including financial management.
• You have managed a team of people.
Our culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on those around them. We are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume and portfolio to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=littleda&jobId=26990&lang=en_US&source=CC2.
To learn more about Little, please visit us at www.littleonline.com or check out our blog at www.littlespeakeasy.com.
We will not be accepting resumes from executive recruiters or agencies. Thus, if you are interested in the position, please apply directly to the link provided above.
Little is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice
KB Home—Senior Designer
Jacksonville, Tampa or Orlando
Job description: http://careers.kbhome.com
-Design Floor plans/exterior elevations.
-5+ years’ experience in single and multi-familyproduction housing design.
-A state-issued architecture license or NCARB certification is required.
- Good freehand drawing skills
DAG Architects, 2007 Florida Firm of the Year, is seeking architects with 1 - 10 years of experience to join our design-oriented firm. Opportunities in our offices in Destin, Pensacola, Panama City and Tallahassee. Email resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIVIL ENGINEER/ATHLETIC FACILITIES
GALE ASSOCIATES, INC.
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL
Gale Associates, Inc., celebrating over 50 years in the engineering industry and rated one of Zweig White’s “Best Firms to Work For”, has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in civil/site design, land planning and permitting. The selected candidate would serve as a Project Engineer on a variety of projects involving athletic and recreation facilities development for public and private clients. Qualified candidates will have strong design capabilities (grading, drainage, utilities, etc.), along with solid technical writing and effective communication skills. Expertise in Civil 3D and AutoCAD is important. Knowledge of basic design and construction, materials and systems for athletic facilities is required. Familiarity with state and local permitting (environmental and municipal) is highly desirable. Must hold a BSCE and have passed FE exam. We offer an excellent salary and full array of benefits to include first-day BCBS health and Delta Dental insurance coverage, fully-paid Life/Disability insurance, 401(k) participation, a Flex Spending Account (FSA), 3 weeks’ vacation accrual, sick time, several annual paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, dependent care assistance, the opportunity for professional growth and development, company-sponsored social events and others. If you have the requisite qualifications, we’d love to talk to you! Please send resume and salary requirement to email@example.com. Check us out at www.galeassociates.com. Gale is an EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabilities
GALE ASSOCIATES, INC.
BUILDING ENCLOSURE ARCHITECT
Altamonte Springs, FL
(Relocation Assistance Provided)
Gale Associates, Inc. is a well-respected, national engineering/planning firm celebrating over 50 years in the engineering industry and rated one of Zweig White’s “Best Firms to Work For”. Our continued growth and expansion has created a great opportunity for a Registered Architect with substantial building enclosure experience at our Altamonte Springs, FL office. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in waterproofing, air barriers, curtain walls, window systems and roofing. Must have a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and at least 10 years of proven professional experience in building enclosure evaluations, design and construction administration. A strong track record of sound project/client management is essential. Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficiency and the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, are critical. A FL professional registration is preferred. While this position is in our Altamonte Springs, FL office, we will provide relocation assistance to a FL resident not within commuting distance or a candidate from the surrounding states. Gale offers an excellent salary and full array of benefits to include first-day BCBS health insurance, Delta Dental, and fully-paid life/disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) Plan, a Flex Spending Account (FSA), dependent care assistance, several annual paid holidays, 3 weeks’ vacation accrual, sick time, tuition reimbursement and the opportunity for professional growth and career advancement. Please learn more about us at www.galeassociates.com. If you have the requisite qualifications, we would really like to hear from you. Please send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gale is an EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabilities
Touzet Studio Seeks Construction/ Senior Project Manager
10+ years Architecture experienced in core and shell, luxury mixed use, residential and commercial projects.
Our projects are very detailed/design oriented high street retail, luxury residential, mixed use and hospitality. We do custom crafted exterior and interior architecture inspired by culture, climate and technology.
We are seeking a Construction Administration/Senior Level Project Manager to join our team. Work includes creation of working drawings, review of construction documents for constructability issues, design detailing/mock up review, job site visits, submittal review, RFI response and clarification of the CD.
Strong communication skills in written/spoken English
College degree in Architecture
Knowledge of Florida Building Code
Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits.
Please send PDF resume to email@example.com.
|Req No: 48001784-51150433-20160425143001
|| Agency Name: Education
Working Title: SENIOR PROJECTS ARCHITECT-DOE
Broadband/Class Code: 17-1011-04
Position Number: 48001784-51150433
Annual Salary Range: $41,460.36-$92,461.92
Announcement Type:Open Competitive
Facility: CAPITOL CENTER
Pay Grade/ Pay Band: BB011
Closing Date: 5/31/2016
The StatePersonnel System is an E-Verify employer. For moreinformation clickon ourE-Verify website.
JOB FAMILY: ARCHITECTS, SURVEYORS, CARTOGRAPHERS AND ENGINEERS
OCCUPATIONAL GROUP: ARCHITECTS, SURVEYORS, CARTOGRAPHERS AND ENGINEERS
OCCUPATION: ARCHITECTS, EXCEPT LANDSCAPE 17-1011
This is a highly advanced architectural position responsible for consulting with and assisting schooldistricts, colleges and universities in a variety of educational programs such as: recommendations and interpretations of building and life safety codes statewide;providing technical assistance, recommendations, and interpretations of building and fire safety codes and their applications statewide to existing facilities including playground safety and fire alarms/fire drills; and evaluation; and, participating in the annual and biennial revisions and promulgation of Rule 6A-2, F.A.C., andState Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF).
Employee must be productive under tight timeframes, balance multiple and competing priorities and maintain goal-oriented behavior and performance sometimes under stressful conditions.
Employee must interact courteously with others.
Employee’s performance and behavior must demonstrate consideration of the workload concerns of others and must not negatively affect productivity and morale of the unit.
Attendance is an essential function of this position.
Existing Facilities Instructional Programs: Plans, develops and manages statewide comprehensive training programs for existing facilities functions, including life-safety, playground safety, fire and emergency drills, SREF Section 5, and State Fire Marshal rules for educational facilities. Identifies training needs as indicated by periodic surveys and prepares instructional materials as required; surveys market/industry for
availability of materials and personnel; provides instruction and/or facilitates training by commercial
personnel; communicates availability of expanded instructional programs to educational agencies; assists agencies in identifying critical-safety problems and the need for code classes as appropriate, i.e., non-certification courses in code competence, contract administration, design, and safe schools. Updates materials on a continual basis.Coordinates programs with the State Fire Marshal.
Rule Promulgation: Participates in annual and biennial revisions and promulgation of Rule 6A-2, F.A.C. to include annual revisions to the rule resulting from new legislation, interpretations, and trends in construction techniques and materials as they affect the building code interpretations where applicable; revision of text for ease of use by design
professionals and facilities staff and to clarify language where multiple code interpretations may be possible; and, instruction of Office staff on rule changes.
Publications: Participates in the preparation and publication of Rule 6A-2, F.A.C.; State Requirements for Educational Facilities including the SREF Handbook; course workbooks; code interpretations; and other handbooks, workbooks and publications as appropriate.
Meetings: Attends designated conferences, seminars, and other meetings related to educational facilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES, INCLUDING UTILIZATION OF EQUIPMENT:
Knowledge of state statutes, state rules, building codes, life safety codes, fire codes, federal laws, the practice of architecture and engineering, and construction techniques and materials. Skills to develop presentations and access and enter information into computer programs. The ability to train individuals or groups of people. The ability to evaluate and analyze training data. The ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures relating to the training position. The ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently. Ability to solve problems and make decisions. The ability to travel by motor vehicle rentals.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
Registered Architect under Chapter 481, Florida Statutes.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-877-562-7287). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.