Learning with Lunch: Stuart - Lightning Protection 101
Return to: Calendar
Start: Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Location: Treasure Coast Regional Planning Office
Time: 12 - 1 p.m.
Learning with Lunch Section Meeting
For the American Institute of Architects Treasure Coast Chapter
Course Title: Lightning Protection 101
A review of proper lightning protection system design and application as conforms to UL and NFPA lightning protection requirements.
Participants will gain a general understanding of how lightning protection systems work including the five essential elements of effective lightning protection systems. At theend oftheprogram participants will be aware of the considerations that should be made
during project planning to specify effective, attractive and low-maintenance lightning protection systems for all types of structures.
The presentation will provide an in-depth overview of:
• Risks lightning poses to unprotected buildings
• Five essential elements to a proper lightning protection system
• Standards that lightning protection systems should meet
• Non-conventional methods of lightning protection
• Considerations to take into account when designing lightning protection
Learning units: AIA: 1 LU HSW